London Transport Museum Library
London Transport Museum,
39 Wellington Street,
London WC2E 7BB
History of London and its public transport:
- Buses, trams, trolleybuses, the Underground, railways, taxis and water transport.
- Art, design, architecture and London’s transport.
- Transport for London, London Transport and their predecessors.
- Public transport operation, policy and legislation.
- Transport in other UK and world cities.
Frank Pick Collection: This is material owned and written by Frank Pick (1878-1941) who was first Chief Executive of London Transport. He was hugely influential on the development of London Transport and took a particular interest in art, architecture and design.
Reinohl Collection: The collection was complied by two brothers, Herbert and Albert Reinohl. There are 180 albums on buses and other public transport from the 19th century to the 1950s. Primarily a ticket collection, it also includes illustrations, press cuttings, journal articles and other ephemera.